MANUFACTURING PROCESS

Materials

 

We work with rattan & bamboo & genuine leather & glass.

Rattan is having a moment. A big reveal since years. It is a plant from the palm family which explains its effortless chic. Each tendril can grow up to 200 meter in length, but maintains the same diameter throughout its lengths. It is solid all the way, through unlike bamboo which is hollow, making it one of nature’s strongest materials. It is super bendy and won’t splinter or break. It grows very quickly all year around and it is harvested without harming the tree. It grows back very enthusiastically ones harvested. So an A for sustainability!

Bamboo is very fast growing plant. Certain species can grow 90cm in 24 hours. Bamboo has a higher compressive strength than wood brick or concrete. Mind you: The tensile strength rivals steel! The harvesting has to be done within every 3-5 years before the wet season and when the culms reach their greatest strength and when the sugar levels in the sap is at its lowest otherwise a pest infestation can occur. The splitted bamboo is used in all our decoration items.

Leather: We work with genuine local leather. Available in 4 colors.

Glass: Our glass is produced by local craftsmen.

Previously we imported from China but we want to support the local economy, Only since 2018 there is glass factory able to produce glass with bottom in accordance with our export standards.

Colours & finishes

We have 5 classic colours and 5 pastels. In total 10 finishes.

Ordering & production 

Our collection can be seen on our site. Therefor you need a login. You have to mail to info@elmyinteriors.com You can put your selected items in the shopping basket. A photo quotation will follow within 48 hours. After your confirmed order by mail we will start the production.

The production of a container order: 20ft 40ft 40fthc varies between 8 and 10 weeks depending on the season. During the dry season November-May it will take about 8 weeks. We only ship full containers. Our tolerance per order can be maximum 5% in quantity per shipment.

The minimum order value need to reach USD 12.000,-  FOB Yangon. We work with minimum numbers per item and color and do customize collections as well and are easy to work with and flexible!

Mass production & QC

We produce in volume. As mentioned before we only export full mixed containers. In total we carry over 250 items. In our factory the quality control team exists out of 25 people. They check each incoming item and make it export proof. They sandpaper and fumigate each single piece. Sometimes small repairs have to be done. With our humidity meters we check the maximum allowed humidity.

 

Labeling packaging transport & shipping

Upon customers request we do labeling barcoding and printing. Whatever is needed to contribute to your good sales! All items are packed in in quality 5- ply carton. The very big furniture pieces are wrapped in carton paper. We ship FOB Yangon. Shipping costs are for the buyer. We work with your appointed forwarder. Our factory is based one hour from Yangon.

Payment conditions & bankdetails

We require 30% deposit and the remaining balance of 70% need to be paid upon our copies of documents.

-Bill of loading
-Packing list
-SGS certificate
-Invoice
-CO or FORM A

You will receive these by mail once the container is 1 week at sea. After having received your full payment we will send you all original documents by DHL.

Our bank details are the following:

ELMY INTERIORS BV
RABOBANK, The Netherlands
ACCOUNT NR: 138663610
IBAN: NL96RABO0138663610
SWIFT/BIC: RABONL2U

 

Our VAT number is: 817544719B01 ELMY INTERIORS BV is registered under nr: 302118434 of the chamber of commerce in Utrecht (the Netherlands).

X

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. Read more

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close